Wednesday 4 October 2006

A Significant Offering

I was reminded the other night about the first time I met Bennett at the D-House.

After talking to him for some time, I said goodbye and left. Whilst I was walking down the steps, the Holy Spirit told me to go back and give him 20 cents (or it may have been 25 cents - something small like that).

So I went back and gave it to him. Sometimes it's harder giving an unusually small offering like that, than it is to give $10 - because it seems ridiculous.

But as soon as I gave it to him he smiled. He had given his last twenty cents (or twenty-five cents, whatever it was) in the offering the Sunday before. From memory, I think Bennett said that when he gave the offering, in his mind he was testing the promise, "Give and it shall be given unto you".

So now I turn up saying, "The Lord told me to give you this" - the same amount.

That was a sign to him, a new believer.

It was possibly one of the most significant offerings I've ever given!

No comments:

Post a Comment