Saturday 4 August 2007

Been Feeling Uncertain Lately?

You're in good company:


"I do not love God. I never did. Therefore I never believed, in the Christian sense of the word. Therefore I am only an honest heathen...And yet, to be so employed of God!"

- John Wesley, at the age of 63, in a letter to his brother



"I look back now over our decades together, and it's easy to see God's big plan. But of course, as we were making our way through it, there was a lot of confusion; there were a lot of questions. We didn't really know from day to day what God had in mind!"

- Oretha Hagin, RHEMA, in her husband Kenneth E. Hagin's eulogy



"Art thou He that should come, or look we for another?"

- John the Baptist's question to Christ, when he was in prison

And yet the Lord Jesus immediately said of him (John):

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist..."



"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

- Paul the Apostle, in his old age, in a letter to Timothy, his own son in the faith


Paul's mind was:

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment