Thursday 28 April 2011

Will Judas Be Saved?

I'd say, possibly not - because the Scripture says:

"... Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place."

He went to his own place! I wonder what that means? Doesn't sound good!

Also, was Judas' heart ever right, in the first place? Because Judas was stealing from the bag all along; and long before betraying Jesus, Jesus already said, "Have not I chosen you twelve, and ONE OF YOU IS A DEVIL". So it's possible Judas was never quite right in the first place!

But I don't know for sure. Perhaps we can take Paul's attitude:

"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God."

One thing I know: the devil can try to condemn believers and make them feel as though they've committed the unpardonable sin. To those believers I would say:

"Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment