Saturday 11 November 2006

Jesus is the One for Me


I went to bed last night reading about the voyages of Matthew Flinders. He was the first to circumnavigate Austalia, and it was he who suggested the name Australia.

When I woke up in the morning, I went to the piano and started to sing that song:

It is you I pursue with all of my being
It is you I pursue with all of my heart
Things of the earth are of very little worth
When we compare them with the richness of the things you've brought us through

As significant as Matthew Flinders' journeys and sacrifices were, it fades in comparison with the riches of knowing Jesus intimately.

There is no-one as beautiful as Jesus.

There is no life worth living like the life lived for Jesus.

As I sat at the piano, moved to tears, I sang this new song unto Him:

You make the blind to see
And the deaf to hear
Set the prisoner free
Broken hearts to heal
Cause the lame to walk
Bring good news to the poor
You are the One
You are the One
Jesus You are the One for me

No comments:

Post a Comment