Thursday 10 November 2011

Prayer and Faith

Sometimes praying shows a lack of faith. Often it's just an expression of worry. Expressing our worries to God doesn't obtain anything - but casting our cares on the Lord does. Casting our cares on the Lord means we don't care for it anymore. If we still care for it, then we haven't cast it upon the Lord. Cast it upon Him - and leave it there! If we've cast our care upon Him, we won't need to pray about it anymore. Instead of asking God about it again, we can just confess that we have whatever we've asked, and thank Him for it. Once we've prayed and asked and cast our care upon the Lord, it shows more faith to do nothing - just to speak positively and to thank God - rather than to ask again. This is the rest of faith.

Sometimes fear may tempt us to go and pray about it again. But doing so negates our confidence that we believe we have already received what we asked for. It puts us back in a position of having-without. Instead, seeing we know we have received, we should just stand our ground and say, "Oh no, Devil - I don't need to pray about that again, because I believe I've already received what I asked for. I don't need to worry about it, because I've already cast my cares upon the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment