Wednesday 2 January 2013

How to Receive the Holy Spirit

Soon after I was baptised in the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues at the age of twelve, I witnessed to three of my classmates at High School. The three of them prayed to receive Jesus as their Savior under a tree by the school sports ground. Then I laid hands on them to be filled with the Holy Spirit. All three of them spoke in tongues and one of them also prophesied.

Ever since I received the Holy Spirit at the age of twelve, I've always seemed to know how to get others baptised in the Holy Spirit. Even if someone was a hard receiver, somehow I always felt I could help them no matter who they were or what they felt their issue was.

(Healing, on the other hand, is something I've had to study. It sometimes baffled me why some were not healed. Thankfully today I'm learning a thing or two along the line of healing too. But when it comes to the baptism with the Holy Spirit, if someone said they were unable to receive the Holy Spirit, I just seem to have always known how to help them, ever since I was only 12 years of age.

I think anyone can receive the Holy Spirit through the following simple steps:

1. Know it's the will of God

2. Ask the Father in Jesus' Name

3. Believe you receive. You don't have to feel anything. Just believe you receive.

4. Since you believe you receive, you know you can speak with tongues

5. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the words to speak in tongues

6. Believing that He has heard that prayer, go ahead and speak, trusting that the sounds you speak will be sounds given to you by the Holy Spirit

7. And you shall have it!

I've seen people receive the Spirit and speak in tongues who didn't even know beforehand that there was any such thing as speaking in tongues. No-one even laid hands on them. Yet they were filled with the Spirit and spontaneously began to speak in tongues. But the seven steps above can help anyone who knows about the Holy Spirit and who wants to receive.

If you've never spoken in tongues before and desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit, go ahead and receive the Holy Spirit right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment