Saturday 25 October 2014

Gospel Revelation

I got saved nearly 35 years ago - simply by calling on the Name of JESUS. God confirmed it by giving me His Holy Spirit. I was baptised in the Name of JESUS. I experienced righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. In an instant God put love in my heart.

God immediately began working through me - with His help I testified everywhere I could that JESUS saves. In Ipswich at High School; in Brisbane at work; travelling along the East Coast of Australia, and out West; over to South East Asian nations; in Pacific island countries; in cities and indigenous tribes that had never heard the Gospel before.

I observed that everyone who received the message experienced exactly the same thing as me - that JESUS saves. We saw the Holy Spirit poured out. Believers everywhere cast out demons using JESUS' Name, they spoke with new tongues, young people saw visions and prophesied, they laid hands on the sick and they recovered.

We knew we were onto something real: JESUS. The way, the truth, and the life. We would even have gladly suffered for His Name, if it came to that! Through Him we experienced reconciliation to GOD the FATHER. With JESUS we felt that we lacked NOTHING.

Now there's a fad going around teaching that God expects us to pray in the Hebrew name Yeshua, not in JESUS' Name; that in order to please God we must obey Moses' ancient Law - with its circumcision, dietary laws, sabbaths, new moons, numerous regular ceremonies (called Feasts, which awkwardly for us were synced to Northern Hemisphere seasons), and many more details such as blowing trumpets and living outdoors at certain times every year.

The fad has spread to affect the consciences of so many believers, to the extent that many have already left their churches to join or start groups dedicated to such practices.

So for my own conscience' sake, even though I'd already been experiencing God's favour for many years, I asked the Lord not too long ago whether we're really obligated to observe any or all of those things. And He gave me a GREAT REVELATION!

That revelation has inspired many of my Facebook Posts and Blog Posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment