Thursday 22 January 2015

Marvellous Kindness in a Big City

One day I said to the Lord, "I would like my own radio broadcast".

A very short time later I was sitting with a friend at an afternoon tea for city pastors, when a woman approached the two of us:

"I'm wondering whether anyone would be willing to take over my radio program? she asked, "I've been doing it, but I'm not a pastor".

She explained that she had a daily one-hour time-slot plus two hours on Sundays, and that she would continue covering the costs - but she hadn't been able to find a single pastor interested in taking it on.

So my friend (who was a church-elder and a gifted evangelist) and I gladly accepted the opportunity.

For one hour every day, and for two hours on Sundays, we broadcasted live all over the city. 

My friend and I preached. I took my guitar and sang. 

That's how easily we got our radio broadcast - all cost covered.

One evening, after ministering on the radio, I went door-knocking with a church volunteer.

We knocked on a door, a man opened the door, and he told us that he and his family had just finished listening to us on the radio - so it was to his great surprise that the foreigner who they'd just heard on the radio was now standing at the front door. 

So he invited us in, and that night the whole family accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

The time came when I left that city - and coincidentally a week later the woman discontinued funding the broadcast.

The broadcast had been a gift to me from God simply because I asked.

Do you see someone doing something in ministry? or someone having something. They have it because they asked for it.

And all things whatsoever "ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" (Mark 11:24). 

Ask for something today - something which will bear much fruit and glorify your Father in heaven. 

Don't strive to make it happen - just watch God cause men to put it in your lap. 

"All things are possible to him that believeth" (Mark 9:23). 













No comments:

Post a Comment