Tuesday 5 January 2016

Our Gospel is Based on Eye-Witnesses

While reading in Mark's Gospel about Jesus' final journey to Jerusalem, I wondered why Jesus took His disciples with Him. Couldn't He have spared them some fear if He left them in Galilee?

Straightaway an answer came to me, "I wanted them to be eyewitnesses".

The apostles of the Lamb had to witness every aspect of Jesus' ministry and redemptive work, beginning with John's baptism to His asencion - and inclusive of everything in between.

Yes, taking them with Him to Jerusalem subjected them to the possibility of fearing. But Jesus was able to say, "Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none". 

Jesus knew His disciples wouldn't be lost, despite taking them with Him to Jerusalem.

Even for Peter, despite Satan desiring him that he might sift him like wheat, our Lord Jesus prayed that his faith would fail not.

No comments:

Post a Comment