Friday 23 June 2017

The Son of God in the Hebrew Scriptures

John the Baptist bore record that Jesus was the son of God - so John already had the concept of the son of God.

Where might John have gotten that concept from?

The Old Testament, of course!

"In thy seed [not seeds plural, seed singular - which was Christ] shall all families of the earth be blessed."

"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said, unto me, Thou art my Son' this day have I begotten thee...

...Kiss the Son, lest He be angry with thee".

"The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, 'til I make thine enemies thy footstool."

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given..."

"The name of the child shall be Immanuel [meaning God with us]."

"One like unto the son of God" - in the book of Daniel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment