Thursday 17 January 2008

Opener of Doors

When I was sent by the Lord to Caboolture, the houseshold where I was staying ran out of food. And none of us had enough money to buy any.

Anyway, I was out ministering that day, and on my way back to the house, the Lord told me to turn up a different street to what I ordinarily would.

So I turned up the street, and I noticed a large gathering of people. I joined the crowd, to see what was going on. Only seconds later - while I was still standing on the footpath - someone - a complete stranger - came up to me and asked, "Would you know where there's a rubbish bin? I've got all this food I have to throw out."

He took me inside, and showed me a table spread full of beautiful food. I said, "I know some people who could use that food."

He said, "Well take as much as you like."

So I piled up as many plates as I could hold.

When I walked in the door of the house where I was staying with all this food, they stared at it, and someone asked, "Where did you get all this from?"

"The Lord provides," I said.

So the Lord didn't only provide enough for me - He provided enough for the whole household.

Later in the same town, when I was telling this story to a group of people, someone who overheard me was so impressed by the story that he invited me to come and share it on the local radio station, and to talk about my work.

God is the sender, the provider and the great opener of doors.

But I felt it was time to leave, so I went to the train station by faith, driven there by one of the local young men, even though I knew I didn't have enough money to buy my train ticket.

Without me having said anything, when we said goodbye, the young man gave me some coins - enough to buy my train fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment