Saturday 5 April 2014

Witnessing at Raceview Tavern

Last night I was thinking of going to a pub in Ipswich to witness. But I felt directed instead to drive south along Raceview Street.

I had a sense about sharing with a man; and I had a sense about the colour purple.

I even had a sense about people sitting on high chairs. 

I soon arrived at the Raceview tavern, so I pulled into the carpark. Straightaway I saw a man, and I wondered whether he was the one I should speak to. But I wondered about the colour purple, and about the high chairs. So I kept walking. 

I looked up and saw a sign at the door to the tavern, and the sign was purple. I went inside, and the walls were purple. It seems everything was purple. The restaurant was already closed, but the gaming area was open - and everyone was sitting at the game machines on high chairs. So I knew I was at the right place.

I went back outside. The man was still there - and he was actually the first to say hello to me. So this time I stopped and talked to him. 

I told him that I felt God had led me there just to tell him of God's love for him.

I said, "The stars are faraway..." 

And he glanced up at the stars.

"...but God can be near..." I said. 

He thought about it.

"...and we can feel His presence. Have you ever felt Him?" I asked.

"Yes. A couple of times," he said humbly.

It felt like a poignant moment. 

Then he went inside. 

I knew I was at the right place. But did I speak to the right person? 

Anyway I went on my way praying for that man and for others in the tavern, rejoicing that the Holy Spirit had truly led me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment