Sunday 21 April 2013

Getting What We Want Out of a Meeting

Often when I'm on my way to a meeting, I ask the Lord specifically concerning what I want to see happen at the meeting. I do this both when I've been invited to minister at the meeting and when I haven't been.

I could share many examples:

Like the time I asked the Lord to demonstrate the gift of the discerning of spirits in a meeting, with the result that the eyes of many were opened and they saw into the spirit realm;

Like the time I fasted and asked the Lord to see the gift of the working of miracles manifest in a meeting, with the result that a person responded to a word of knowledge from the ministering evangelist about leg paralysis, and the guy had a violent spirit cast out of him and was healed and danced for joy on the stage, knelt down looking up to heaven with hands raised and gratitude on his face, and got saved.

And like the time I asked the Lord to influence a particular church movement to refocus on the person of the Holy Spirit, with the result that their leaders urged exactly that and opened up the altar for people to come forward and receive a fresh touch from the Holy Spirit.

You can do that you know. I often wondered how the Voice of Healing revival in America started. Then one day I heard a message about how brother Hagin in those days was desiring more manifestations of the power gifts, and awoke early in the morning and prayed an hour a day in tongues specifically with that request. One day he hit a gusher and prayed for five hours. Soon afterwards the 'Voice of Healing' revival broke out, and large tent meetings focusing specifically on the power gifts of the Spirit began to be held all over America. It happened because someone got specific about what they wanted to see.

It was the same with the Welsh revival. Evan Roberts awoke early for a few months, praying specifically for revival. He saw what he got before he got it, even down to the specific number of souls that were to be swept into the churches, which was 100,000. The Welsh revival didn't happen by chance. Someone became specific about what he was asking for.

It's time to get specific. We only get what we determine to get. And we only get it now once we determine to get it now.

Sometimes I ask for less spiritual things. Like favour from the people. Or that someone will take me out for a meal afterwards. Once I asked that someone would give me a silver chain. Another time I asked that a specific person would do a specific and unusual thing for me. And I've never failed to receive everything I've asked every time.

One time I asked for money: an amount not less than $100 but not more than $110. At the meeting that night, an offering was taken and counted and placed in an envelope. The amount of $107 was written on the envelope. I wondered whether they might give it to me, seeing I'd been asked to lead the meeting that night. But they didn't. But afterwards, after a few of us had been out at a coffee shop, when we were saying our goodbyes in the carpark, Jolon said, "I feel led to give you some money, but I'm not sure if I've got the amount in my wallet that I feel led to give you. Let me check." He opened his wallet, then gave me $100. Then brother Rodney said, "I'm going to give $10 on top of that," and put $10 on top of the $100 in my hand. The $107 wasn't mine, but the $110 was. When God gives you something that you've asked, the top amount is from him, not the lower amount!

Sometimes I also know intuitively not to ask for a certain thing.

The testimony I want to share in this post is that I was on my way to Alfred and Naomi's home group. While driving there, I asked the Lord that I would minister to someone, that they would end up on the floor and would have difficulty walking to the car, and that others would see it as a spectacle. As soon as I prayed it, I had a sense that the person would be wearing a white shirt and I had a sense of where in the meeting they would be in relation to where I would be.

When I got to the meeting, I saw someone dressed in white, but looking towards her, she wasn't sitting on the angle that I'd sensed in my spirit. Then I saw another person dressed in white, but she wasn't sitting in the right position either. I wondered whether I was sitting where I wasn't meant to be sitting!

So I asked the Lord about it. And then He let me notice someone else dressed in white, and she was sitting exactly where I'd sensed in my spirit. I don't know why she didn't register in me before. But I came to know she was the person God would give me the opportunity to minister to.

The meeting ended, and most people had gone home. But this particular lady ended up talking to me. And then I ended up laying hands on her. I prayed prayers for her as I felt led. The Holy Spirit was beginning to touch her.

One of the prayers I prayed for her was, "Prosper her Lord." When I said that, Paul Murphy placed some cash in her hand. She had her eyes closed. But when Paul did that, she went down to the floor and became even more filled with the Spirit. She laughed and cried and prayed. She said she couldn't get up and wouldn't be able to drive. When I left, she was still on the floor, and it became a spectacle to those who were still at the meeting, just like I'd asked.

And what was good about it was that my friend Paul was involved in ministering to her. That was especially good because his birthday was being celebrated that night, and the fact that we ministered together was symbolic of how we first met and of the way we began working together for the Kingdom of God. God does exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think.

So whatever you desire, God will give it to you when you ask and act as though you've received.

No comments:

Post a Comment