Saturday 13 April 2013

God Has the Perfect Job For You

The other night I met a friend in a lift, and he told me he hasn't succeeded at getting a job yet despite having a Masters of Business Administration. So I shared this story with him to encourage him that God has the perfect job for Him.

During my high school years, our family sometimes dropped people at the airport or picked them up. I learned to enjoy airports, but I longed for the day when it would be me traveling for the Lord rather than just picking someone else up.

On one of those visits to the international airport, I noticed a door inside the terminal. I saw someone open the door and walk inside. I didn't know what went on behind that closed door, but it looked like official business.

I knew I would have to work for some time after leaving high school before entering full-time ministry. So I said to the Lord, "I don't know what goes on behind that door, but when the time comes for me to get a job, I want a job where I go through that door."

I also desired that the job I would get would give me some practical expertise in some area which could prove useful to me once I entered into the ministry God had for me.

When I finished high school, the casual position I'd been working in for a year as floor staff at Korvette Apparel became a fulltime storeman position. Then I left that position to work for Citra Constructions as a construction clerk. A future for me in project management seemed to be on their mind, but I didn't feel this would have been God's will for me, so while working there I continued applying for other jobs.

But I kept falling short of getting the jobs. So I decided to fast for two days, for a breakthrough. At the end of the second day, I got three phone calls and three job offers. This gave me a new problem - choosing which job to accept!

Then my pastor Eugene Bognar told me at church that he'd received a phone call from Pastor Phillip Mutzelburg at the Brisbane fellowship, saying that a member of the congregation there had a position for a young man, and asked if I'd be interested.

So I went for the interview at Transclear Agency, and Brian Trower gave me the job. The position was as a customs agents' runner. My work entailed going through that door at the international airport twice every day!

And I stayed in that position for some six years.

I've always found that when God has something for me, He brings it to me - I don't have to go in search of it.

So whatever you need - whether it's a job, or a relationship, or an open door for ministry - ask the Lord, claim it, commit it to Him, believe you receive it, say it - and He shall bring it to pass.

Before getting this job, I was praying that I would get a job which still gave me the opportunity to spread the Word of God far and wide. Whilst praying about this, I saw a vision. The bedroom wall seemed to disappear, and what appeared instead was parched land. It was so dry and cracked. And there was a very plain looking pipe. A drop of water dripped out of the pipe. Then another drop. Then a trickle. Then the trickle became a flow. Soon the dry, parched land was covered in refreshing water, and it was getting deeper and spreading out wide. I knew the Lord was promising me that despite having a job, I would still have the opportunity to be a witness even in that job.

This job gave me the opportunity to be a witness on the train, in Queen Street Mall, and in a variety of offices including shipping companies, Customs offices and Quarantine offices. And at work I was able to witness to a fellow employee who became my best friend in the ministries I had in those days.

And the procedural knowledge I learned as a trainee Customs Agent and international freight forwarder later came in handy when our church missions' department shipped a container of relief goods to Vanuatu.

God has the perfect job for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment