Wednesday 20 September 2006

Going Back to Ipswich


Whilst sitting in Paul's house, I wondered whether I should phone the Transinfo Line to see what time I'd be able to get a train at Yeerongpilly back into the City, then back to Ipswich, where I was staying with Scott's mum, Mrs Joan Donald. But rather than make a phone call, on the inside of me I just knew to leave Paul's house at 8:20pm.

I wondered why I shouldn't just get a lift with Paul into the City when he would be driving there to fetch his wife from work at 10pm, rather than go to Yeerongpilly Station. Presently Paul's phone rang - it was his wife telling him not to come and pick him up because she'd decided to get the bus home.

The time came where I felt I'd accomplished all the conversation I was purposed to have at Paul's that night, so I prepared to leave. Paul offered to drive me as far as Yeerongpilly Station. I glanced at the time - it was 8:20pm.

Paul accompanied me to the platform, knowing how long and lonely the wait can be for a train sometimes. But only a minute later came the announcement, "The Brisbane Train, stopping at all stations, will arrive in approximately two minutes". Paul looked at me in admiration of the Spirit's timing and leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment