Wednesday 20 September 2006

He Leadeth Me

When Beryl and I arrived at Jeff & Shirley Lloyd's place at Karalee, we had a conversation that ministered to Shirley in a way that I perceived to be the beginning of the type of contribution which the Lord had ordained for me to make during this trip to Ipswich.

Then I went for a drive into Ipswich-proper when the Lord clearly influenced me to visit Heritage City Community Church, even though this wasn't something I had in mind. Just as I was talking with the receptionist, Ron Surtees walked by, and offered to take me for a tour of the property's recent development. Then his wife Lyn saw me and said, "We were just talking about you last week", and she invited me to have lunch with the staff. I saw Pastor Phillip, and Mandy made me a delicious sandwich; Larry and Chris Cummins were there; as were Kevin and Anne Thomas, and others. What a heart-warming blessing to have been able to see so many of the people I know in my old church in one hour.

I went away feeling delighted and full in my heart, thinking that contrary to apparent likelihood, God is able to prepare a lavish welcome-table for us in the place to which He leads us by His Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment