Wednesday 20 September 2006

The Wind Bloweth Where it Listeth

When I arrived in the City, I walked around a bit, but I started to feel like I had no purpose being there. The thought occurred to me that if someone was to observe the way I was moving around, it wouldn't be clear to them where I'd come from or where I was going! I started to question why I sometimes feel led in such manner.

But God, who comforts us in our trouble, caused an SMS from Jolon to arrive just in time, saying, "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit". Jolon has a habit of sending prophetic encouragement just on time, for which I'm ever grateful to God.

Having received consolation, I immediately felt a peace about visiting Paul Murphy's household that evening, even though it was planned that I should go the following night. I caught the train to South Brisbane, then decided to take a leisurely stroll through to Southbank Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment