Wednesday 13 September 2006

Prophetic Confirmation


I got in my car on Sunday morning intending to drive to the Surfcity Christian Church at Surfers Paradise, when it was as if the car seemed to want to turn south.

Instead I drove the car to the Tweed Civic Centre for the last day of the Tweed Valley Community Church's conference, ably led by Pastor Willy Dumas. (Pastor Willy had previously built-up a very successful church at Taree; and his brother likewise at Port Macquarie - the gift must run in the family!)

Whilst I was sitting in the morning meeting, I sensed the Lord telling me to remain for the night meeting also - and I had a sense about eating fish during the afternoon. After the morning meeting, a young man invited me to join them for lunch - at a local fish and chips takeaway.

One of those at lunch was a wonderful aboriginal woman who has recently pioneered a new church in Townsville. I was wondering about people who decide to pioneer a local church whose main priority is not the pastoral office. "I'm not at all a Pastor...I'm more one who raises others up to do the work of their ministry. I'm calling them in now," she said.

All day I had a growing sense that God may want to use her young Youth Pastor in a video, DVD or television work. When she said that, the feeling welled-up in me and I spoke, "I think God wants to use someone around you in somewhat of a video, DVD or television work".

Immediately the young Youth Pastor embraced me, saying excitedly, "You are confirming. Speak to me, brother!" He told us that he has free access to television equipment through a relative who works in the IT Industry, and he'd been praying for direction regarding whether or not he should pursue this.

It's such a wonderful thing - the gifts of the Holy Spirit - to speak unto men for edification, exhortation and comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment