Sunday 23 November 2014

How to Be Made Acceptable to God

Township of Esk, QLD.

99km Northwest of Brisbane.

I was asked to go to a house to pray for a woman who was in bed sick.

They told me the woman was in her 90s. So I thought I better not just heal her, but also make sure her soul was saved.

When they took me into ber bedroom, I noticed a Bible sitting on the bedside table.

I asked the lady, "Would you like me to read you something from the Bible?"

"Yes," she said.

I asked the Lord what to read.

"Genesis chapter 4," I felt.

I was a bit surprised at first - that seemed an odd passage to read to someone who needed salvation and healing.

But I turned to it and read the story of Abel and Cain.

I closed the Bible and said to the lady:

"God accepted Abel and his offering, but to Cain and His offering God did not have respect.

Would you like me to tell you how you and your life can be acceptable to God like Abel, instead of unacceptable to God like Cain?" I asked.

I proceded to tell her that although we have all have sinned, God so loved us that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life - freely, just by asking for it.

She exclaimed, "I've waited all my life to hear this - I always knew there was a God!"

She eagerly accepted Jesus into her heart.

She looked like she felt victory, peace and joy.

We all felt it.

She was grateful and satisfied.










No comments:

Post a Comment