Sunday 6 June 2010

All Kinds of Prayer

There are three categories of "tongues" which you may speak as the Spirit gives you utterance.

1. Tongues of men:

I Corinthians 13:1
1 THOUGH I speak with the tongues of men...


2. Tongues of angels:

I Corinthians 13:1
1 THOUGH I speak with the tongues...of angels...


3. New tongues:

Mark 16:17
17 ...these signs shall follow them that believe...they shall speak with new tongues...

"New tongues" may mean a tongue that is new to every man or angel, or it may mean a tongue that is new only to the speaker - I'm not sure what the sense of Scripture is here.

You can pray with your understanding, and you can pray with your spirit. You don't have to pray just one kind of prayer, but you can pray with all kinds! As Paul exhorted:

EPHESIANS 6:18
18 Praying always with all
[kinds of] prayer"

No comments:

Post a Comment