Monday 14 June 2010

Matthew 7:22,23 - Removing Some Condemnation

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Sometimes the devil uses Scripture against areas where a believer may be feeble-minded, to shut the believer away in condemnation. This is one such Scripture which Satan sometimes uses. Satan has sometimes made a believer feel that although he has genuinely been used by God in the past to prophesy, cast out devils or do wonderful works - he may actually now be lost and headed for hell.

Now, if any person is practising iniquity - whether he claims to be a believer or not - he is going to get in trouble. But Satan sometimes uses this verse to hold believers in condemnation who have actually been forgiven. He aims to hold them inactive, through fear. But we are not ignorant of his devices!

Notice it says, "...I never knew you..."

It doesn't say, "I once knew you [and you once knew me] but sadly you backslid". No - it says, "I never knew you". So Jesus is here talking about people who never at anytime knew Him. Have you at anytime in the past known the Lord? Then you are not who He is talking about in this Scripture!

Jesus said, "...there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part" (Mark 9:39,40).

So if a person is genuinely doing a miracle in Jesus' Name, that person is for Jesus, and cannot lightly speak evil of Jesus. Therefore if you are genuinely working miracles in Jesus' Name, then you are for Jesus - you cannot lightly speak evil of Him. Certainly Jesus knows you!

Other people may be tapping into a seducing spirit, an angel of light, which tries to imitate the Holy Spirit - strange fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment