Friday 19 December 2014

Expect an Answer

One morning I had a sense in my spirit that I should go somewhere.

It was almost like I could see a map with directions.

As I considered it, I thought to myself, "That would probably mean Caboolture, QLD".

Straightaway it was like a bell rang in my spirit, as if to say, "Yes".

I didn't know anyone in Caboolture, and I only had enough money for a oneway ticket - but I packed an overnight bag and started walking to the train station.

As I walked past a certain house on the way to the station, I had a strong feeling to knock on the door - but I hesitated, and walked straight past.

The feeling persisted, so I turned around and went back, and knocked on the door.

A man opened the door. 

I explained that I was walking past and had a strong feeling to knock on the door, and told him that I was a Christian who loved to tell people about JESUS.

"You sure picked a good time to come," he said, "I was sitting inside just now thinking about all the religions, and I said to myself, 'I wonder which one is the right one' ".

I arrived in Caboolture, and went straight to a local church - and found they were having a meeting, even though it wasn't a Sunday. 

The senior Pastor welcomed me so much. We found we both had the same heart for the Church and for missions.

The Pastor arranged for me to stay in a house with some young men from the congregation.

It so happened that they had no food in the house, but I said to them, "God will provide".

I went out for a walk, then on the way back to the house I took a different turn. I saw a group of people standing outside a hall, so I approached them.

While I was standing there, a lady came out of the hall and asked us, "Would anyone like to take some food home? Otherwise we'll have to throw it out". She had platters-full of leftovers from a catered event. 

So when I got back to the house, I walked in with food enough not only for me but also for everyone in the house.

Afterwards at a meeting I was telling some church members what happened, when someone overheard me. He felt so amazed, he requested that I come for an interview with the local radio station.

So I went and got to share all about being led by the Holy Spirit, about stepping out in missions by faith - about Jesus.  

With so many good relationships instantly formed in and out of the church, the time came for me to leave. One of the guys offered to drop me at the train station. I hadn't told anyone I didn't have enough money to purchase a ticket, but when we got to the station, the young guy handed me a gift of a bit of money.

I arrived home feeling grateful, marvelling at the way the Lord knows how to bring members of His body together, at the right time, for mutual example and encouragement. 

As we are led by the Holy Spirit, Jesus is the One to open doors - even if it's in another church, in another place. 

So ask the Lord, "What do you want me to do?"


And expect an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment