Saturday 20 August 2022

Perceiving in Your spirit

by John Edwards

Several years ago a nephew of mine was traveling in a convoy of vehicles on his way to the Gold Coast with some friends, to be baptised at the beach.
And I didn't often think about the devil in this way, but that day I distinctly remember thinking, "I don't think the devil would be liking this" - it wasn't something he'd gladly sit back and watch happen without wanting to hinder it somehow, I imagined.
Anyway, it was going to be a special occasion - and I for one was really looking forward to it.
Then at a certain moment while waiting for them to arrive, I began to have a sense in my spirit like a sense of looming danger.
I examined the feeling - I'd never had that type of feeling before whenever any of my nephews or niece were traveling - it wasn't 'worry' - it was the Holy Spirit bearing witness with my spirit - I just 'knew' I had to pray for my nephew and his friends urgently.
Then the time came when they were expected to arrive, but they hadn't shown up. More time went by; and still more...
Turns out there was a multi-vehicle pile-up on the highway, I think - and some of their convoy was somehow caught up in it. And I never asked all the details, but I recall that they waited for one of their fathers to come with his vehicle to help in some way - so that all took some time. But none of them were injured!
There was a delay, to say the least - but my beloved nephew did eventually get baptised, by his good friends, at the beach - and that was wonderful. Thanks be to God!
The Holy Spirit will lead you through your spirit. He will help you with your praying.
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication IN THE SPIRIT, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints" (Ephesians 6:18).
"The spirit OF MAN is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly" (Proverbs 20:27).
"...when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will GUIDE you..." Jesus promised (John 6:13).
"Likewise the Spirit also HELPETH our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (Romans 8:26).
"...to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit...to another discerning of spirits..." (Acts 12:8,10).
"Paul admonished them, And said unto them, Sirs, I PERCEIVE that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage, not only of the lading and ship, but also of our lives.
Nevertheless the centurion believed the master and the owner of the ship, more than those things which were spoken by Paul" (Acts 27:9-11).

No comments:

Post a Comment