Sunday 4 May 2014

Inner Impression of the Spirit


One of the functions of the Holy Spirit is to impress things in our spirit.

One time my nephew was in a convoy of cars coming down from Toowoomba to the Gold Coast. I believe they were coming to baptize my nephew in water at the beach.

While they were in transit, I had a sense of danger, and felt an impression to pray for their safety. I’d never had such a sense or impression to pray for my nephew's safety before nor since. So I claimed his safety, in prayer - and believed. 

After some time we noticed that their arrival at the Coast was delayed, so we phoned them. And it had so happened that one of their vehicles had met an accident, and they needed to call another friend in Toowoomba to come and pick them up in his vehicle. So that’s why they were delayed.

The Holy Spirit had already made my spirit aware of danger; and I'd already felt assured of my nephew's ultimate safety because I'd claimed it in prayer.  They eventually arrived at the Coast, and my nephew was baptized as planned.

Seeing your spirit has been born again of the Spirit, you will sometimes sense the Holy Spirit impressing some things in your spirit in like manner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment