Sunday 4 May 2014

Witnessing on Ipswich Streets

One night in the city of Ipswich there was a group of youth standing across the road from me in front of McDonald's. I said to my friends, "Pray for me - I'm going to cross the road and witness to them".

So I approached them and began to talk to them about Jesus. But they weren't really interested. They were watching the cars drive past, and the girls walking past.

So I prayed, "Lord, give me a word of knowledge."

Straightaway I got, "Throats".

So I said, "Someone's got something wrong with their throat."

One of the guys said, "That's me - how did you know?"

"God told me," I said.

So I laid hands on him for healing.

Then someone else said, "I've got something wrong with my throat too. The doctor told me I need to have an operation on it this week."

So I prayed for him too.

This got their attention. They stopped looking at the cars and the girls. They wanted to know how God talks to me.

So I explained that ever since I received the Holy Spirit, and spoke in a language I didn't even know, my relationship with God has been a two-way conversation.

When I mentioned speaking in tongues, they were intrigued. "Let's hear a bit," they asked.

I said, "I'm not going to speak in tongues just so you can judge it."

But they wouldn't take no for an answer, they were so intrigued.

So I said, "I tell you what - if one of you will volunteer to be prayed for, I'll lay hands on you and I'll pray in tongues."

So they started volunteering each other to be the person to be prayed for!

All through the conversation my spirit was feeling especially drawn to one of the girls in particular. 

Suddenly I got another word of knowledge.

"Somebody's got a problem with their back," I said.

That very girl said, "That's me - how did you know?"

"God told me."

So I laid hands on her to pray.

As soon as I did, I said, "I think one of your legs is shorter than the other one."

"Oh how did you know!" she said.

I could not have known it, for she was sitting down.

All her friends began to say, "Is it! Is one of your legs shorter than the other one?"

"Yes, I was in a car accident, and a disk in my spine was crushed..." she said. 

And she went on to explain how something happened to her hip also, and how the doctor wanted to make a platform shoe for her short leg.

So I prayed for her in tongues.

She felt goose-bumps all over her. She felt God's love.

"My psychologist has been telling me I should see a priest," she said.

I invited all of them to come to a Youth Alive rally two nights later.

At the rally I saw the young man who I'd prayed for, who said he needed an operation on his throat. I approached him and asked how his throat was.

"Good. The doctor said I don't need the operation."

And Jesus is still reaching out to the youth on the streets of Ipswich, and the streets wherever you are - through someone like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment