Thursday 8 May 2014

Living Water at Work

While I was at high school, I was continuously witnessing. I went witnessing at lunchtime every Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday I had band practice. On Thursdays I ran our Christian outreach meeting. Then on Fridays I'd follow-up the people who'd come to the meeting the day before, lay hands  on them to be baptised with the Holy Spirit, get their address to pick them up for church on Sunday, or went witnessing again.

So when my time at high school was drawing to a close, and I started thinking about having a job in the future, I put my desire before the Lord that no matter what I did, it would be something where I would still always have the opportunity to be a witness.

Then the verse in the Bible was highlighted to me, "Thy gates shall be open continually."  It was an assurance to me that I would always have the opportunity to serve the Lord as a witness, no matter what.

Soon after I left school, I was kneeling by my bed, praying about my immediate future. The scenery of my bedroom seemed to disappear, and in its place I saw a dry, parched land. It was so dry and cracked, and waterless.

I saw a single metal pipe coming out of the ground, and occasional drops of water dripped out of it onto the ground. As I watched, the drips became a light flow. A puddle began to form. Then the light flow became a full flow. Eventually water was pouring out of it. And the dry parched land became drenched - flooded - with the life-giving water. I knew straightaway that the vision meant I would continue to be a witness wherever I went: on the train, in the office, around the city.

The job God opened-up for me certainly gave me that opportunity. I witnessed to people on the train. I witnessed to people from our office. I went witnessing in Queen Street Mall at lunchtime. I witnessed to people in offices I visited. And at the airport. To a whole variety of people.

One person who got saved in those became a best friend, and is still serving the Lord all these years later.

Another person led many of his own friends to the Lord.

Someone asked prayer for healing.

One time I was witnessing in the Mall, and must have given my address to someone. Because some months later I received a letter in the mail from someone who'd acquired my address, encouraging me to keep up my witnessing in the Mall.




No comments:

Post a Comment