Sunday 4 May 2014

Interceding for the Saints in Tongues


One way to pray in the Spirit is to pray with an unknown tongue.

Paul said that when he prayed with an unknown tongue, his spirit was praying.

Praying with our spirit – with an unknown tongue – as the Spirit gives utterance – is one way to make intercession for the saints according to the will of God – even when we don’t know what to pray for as we ought.

One night while I was in Toowoomba, seeing I had no appointments, and everyone else in the house where I was staying had gone away, I decided to spend some time praying in other tongues out loud, in the lounge room, with the light out.

While praying in tongues I began to think about the wife of one of my best friends who lived in Brisbane. I perceived that I was praying about her. After nearly half an hour the burden lifted.

A couple of days later I spoke to my friend on the phone. I told him, “A couple of days ago I felt a burden to pray for your wife. Was everything alright?”

Then he told me that on the very night when I was praying, he had to take his wife to hospital, and she suffered a miscarriage.

The Spirit knew that. I could not have known it. But the Spirit gave me utterance to make intercession for her.

All you have to do is make yourself available. Just begin to pray with your spirit – in tongues – trusting the Holy Spirit to give you utterance to make intercession for the saints according to the will of God – even when you don’t know who or what to pray for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment