Thursday 6 October 2016

A Golden Nugget

One of the best pieces of advice I feel I can give anyone:

Spend time speaking in tongues.

It's our spirit praying...

...as the Spirit gives us utterance.

The Spirit Himself helps us, when we don't know what to pray for as we ought.

Your mind doesn't understand, but you're speaking to God.

In the spirit you're speaking mysteries.

It edifies you.

It's like clicking Refresh on a computer.

Like updating an App on your phone.

Sometimes it only takes a sentence or two.

It helps restore your system.

So much so, sometimes it brings laughter to your spirit!

You'll also find it can install new features in the circumstances around you.

I feel it's a way of participating in God's will and facilitating His goodness around us, in a way that supersedes our own understanding and taps into the measureless wisdom of God.

If I can encourage someone to speak in tongues, I feel like I've equipped or armed them, shown them how to operate their own built-in battery, charger and power outlet - whomever they are, wherever they go and no matter what circumstances they'll find themselves in, for the rest of their life!

We can give thanks in tongues, pray in tongues, intercede in tongues, sing in tongues, or just speak mysteries in tongues.

We can speak in tongues when we're driving, walking, cooking, cleaning or just lying in bed.

Or we can go into our room, shut the door, and spend time speaking in tongues.

Often when I've done that, some of the revelation I was speaking in my spirit came up into my mind also.

Then it's like wielding a double-edged sword!

Enjoy speaking in tongues today

No comments:

Post a Comment