Sunday 2 October 2016

How to Pray About Finances

One day I heard a Bible-teacher talk about how God taught him to pray for finances. Instead of begging God for money, he said we should simply: 1. Claim the amount we need; 2. Command the devil to take his hands off our money; then 3. The preacher said something about the angel of the Lord going out and causing the money to come in. I decided to try it. I figured I needed more than $100, but not more than 110. So I said: "Father, in Jesus' Name, I claim an amount more than $100, but not more than $110. I command the devil to take his hands off my finances..." Then by faith I imagined the angel of the Lord going out and causing the money to come in. And I told no-one. That night I went out to a meeting - as soon as I arrived, someone asked me if I would lead the meeting, seeing the usual leader was away. An offering was collected during the meeting, and when it was counted I saw the amount written on the envelope - $107. But it wasn't given to me. Afterwards a few of us went out to a cafe. Then while we were standing in the carpark before going our separate ways, one of my friends said: "I think I feel led to give you a certain amount of money - but I'm not sure if I've got that much in my wallet - let me see". He pulled out his wallet, then handed me $100. "I'm going to add $10 on top of that!" another friend said, and straightaway placed a ten-dollar note on top of the $100 in my hand. So it seems if we claim an amount between 100 and not-more-than $110 - $107 won't cut it - God will give you 110. That's just the kind of Father He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment