Tuesday 28 June 2016

A Dialogue About the Law

John:

Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They tripped over the tripping stone.

Responder:


John:


...and I also insisted that Gentiles should not be obligated to become Observant.

...I also made sure my critics understood that while I opposed those who wanted to make the Gentiles Observant, being non-Observant wasn't a licence to sin...

...and in order to counter the wrong assumption that I despised the Jews' Law completely, I myself became as under the Law, to those who were under the Law

...while I became as without the Law to those who were without the Law and who should not be obligated to become under it

...I became all things to all men - although I'm actually free - so I could win some

...I'm free from the Law - yet not altogether without Divine morals and ethics - but I fulfil Divine principles, through my relationship with Christ

...said Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment