Thursday 9 January 2014

Give and Ye Shall Receive

"Give and it shall be given unto you," Jesus said.

I gave away a nice backpack, before I left Kavieng, New Ireland Province, Papua New Guinea.

A couple of months later I was in a secondhand shop, when I sensed God impress in my spirit that there would be something for me in a specific section of another aisle.

So I went to that aisle and looked in that specific section, and straightaway saw a nice bag. It was stronger, sturdier than the one I'd given away; had all the same features I'd liked in the other bag; and I thought it might be a brand name. I really felt the Holy Spirit urging me to buy it, so I bought it, for $7.

Since then I've found it to be very comfortable and pleasing in every way. Better than the one I'd given away.

Yesterday I saw the same bag in a shop. The tag showed it to indeed be a brand name. Its original marked price was $99 - more than three times the value of my original bag.

Truly what you give shall be given unto you.

High Sierra - made by Samsonite


No comments:

Post a Comment