Saturday 16 July 2016

What are You Believing For?

A guest speaker at church was taking-up the offering.

He told the congregation to name the harvest they expect to receive from their seed.

I put all the cash I had in the offering. It wasn't much, but it was all I had. And as I did so I said to myself and to the Lord, "I want my house paid off by the end of the year".

As the year went by, I forgot what I'd spoken.

Then one day near the end of the year, my Bible fell open at the passage where the Lord told Jeremiah to purchase the title-deed to some land.

The next day my Bible fell open at the same passage.

I gathered the Lord must have been trying to speak to me. So I started trying to think of some way I could apply the passage to myself spiritually.

Then I felt the Lord say, "No, you're going to have the title deed to your house by the end of the week".

My next loan repayment was due a day or two later as usual. But for the first time ever since the Lord had led me to give notice in my job some years beforehand (to go and preach the Gospel, trusting Him alone for finances), I didn't have enough money to make the payment.

I'd said way back then that if I ever missed one repayment on my house, I would go back to work.

So I went to talk to my bank. I told them I didn't have the money for the payment that day.

"But I'll have it by the end of the week," I said, with faith that God wouldn't let me miss a payment.

The cashier looked up my loan account and said, "Oh you're so far ahead in your repayments, your next payment isn't due until ____".

And she named a year. Interest rates had nearly halved, but I'd kept repaying the same amount - I got years ahead.

But when I got home I thought to myself, "That's not good enough". I'd been in the habit of making weekly payments.

Then that same week it so happened that someone approached me and asked me how much I still owed on my house. I told the person. And the person said, "Well we feel led to pay it out for you".

But I wouldn't let them.

A couple of days later the person insisted.

"Take us to your bank. We want to pay it out."

So we went to the bank together - and the person paid out my home loan. Many thousands of dollars!

Just when I thought I wasn't going to be able to make a repayment, I got my whole house paid off instead!

It was only afterwards I remembered the offering at church earlier in the year when as I sowed my seed I named the harvest I desired to reap, when I said I desired my house paid off by the end of the year.

What are you saying and believing for today?

"And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them"

(Mark 11:22-24).

No comments:

Post a Comment