Friday 12 August 2016

14 Years

When I woke up one morning, still lying in bed, I had an impression of the Mitsubishi Motors Logo - the three red diamonds.
And I felt I should go to Boonah to visit a family-friend.
Since I didn't have a car, I started thinking about how I could get there using public transport.
It was going to be quite a mission, but I resolved to do it - then I got up to start the day.
But as soon as my feet hit the floor, the words came to me: "Wait 'til you've got a car".
I looked at ads for cars, in the community paper. But pretty soon I just said to myself and to the Lord:
"If I'm meant to have a car, I don't want to look for it, I don't want to pay one cent for it, it will probably have to be given to me, delivered to me - I don't even want to fill-out any paperwork".
And left it at that.
Two hours later, the phone rang.
"I was praying this morning," a friend of mine said, "and I got two words: ‘car’ and ‘John'. I feel like I'm meant to give you my car. But I need a confirmation - could you use a car right now?"
So I told him I'd felt I needed to go somewhere, and about the words that came to me as soon as I got out of bed.
"That's all the confirmation I need. When can I come over? he said.
Next day he came over, with a form - all he needed was my signature. Then he left, saying he'd be back.
A short while later he was back. The car was paid in full; it had been serviced; he'd already got a Safety Certificate, and been to the Department of Transport - and it was registered in my name. My friend even gave me some cash, just in case I needed it!
We went out to the footpath together - I still hadn't seen what make of car it was - and there it was, right in front of my eyes, on the car: the Mitsubishi Motors Logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment