Monday 1 August 2016

Follow Your spirit

One of the main ways the Holy Spirit leads us is through a witness in our own spirit.

When I was staying with my brother's family in Parramatta NSW, my mother came to visit for a week, with one of my nephews.

One day mum wanted to take the three grandchildren on an outing on the Parramatta Ferry to the city. She asked me to come and help with the kids - but I didn't feel right about it in my spirit.

Mum said, "Well sometimes you have to do something you don't want to do."

But it wasn't that I didn't want to - ordinarily I would enjoy doing that. I just didn't feel right about it.

Mum said, "Sometimes you have to not be selfish".

But it wasn't that I was being selfish - it's normally my delight to be as accomodating as I can. I just didn't feel right about it.

Mum was still insistent. So I agreed to go.

"But I just want to go on record as having said I don't feel we should be doing this," I said.

Mum got the kids ready, and off we went, walking to the ferry pier.

When we got near to the pier, I could see something was unusual. There was no-one there.

We arrived to see a sign:


“The Ferry Service is closed today. We apologise for any inconvenience".

We turned around and walked all the way back home again - a couple of kilometres round trip - with the kids in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment