Tuesday 2 August 2016

Praying in the spirit

One day a good friend and I prayed that his father would be saved by the end of that year.
Then I pretty-much forgot the prayer.
On the last day of the year however, my friend and I went for a walk along a little-used railway track, as we sometimes did, to pray.
An unusual unction came upon us to pray in other tongues, as the Spirit gave us utterance. I could feel I was making intercession for something important.
Then after an hour or more, the 'burden' subsided. I perceived that whatever we'd been praying about, was accomplished.
We came back home, feeling content.
Then that night we went out for New Years Eve celebrations.
When we got back home again after midnight, the phone rang. It was my friend's mother.
She'd phoned to say my friend's father had accompanied her to a New Years Eve service at her church, and had given his heart to the Lord.
Then I remembered our prayer earlier in the year. The Lord answered our prayer, exactly as we'd said - on the last day of the year. 
ROMANS 8:26
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment