Wednesday 17 August 2016

Incline Thine Ear

One Saturday morning, I felt the Holy Spirit tell me to go to a certain secondhand shop at Burleigh Heads.
I seemed not to pay enough attention.
He said it again, a bit stronger this time.
So I went.
I was still wondering why, as I walked into the shop.
I looked through some paintings, and when I saw one - I knew straightaway that was why.
It was marked $25, which is a bit more than you'd usually want to pay in a secondhand shop - but sensing it had value, I eagerly took it to the counter.
As soon as I got home, I searched the artist's name. He was a listed Australian artist who was born overseas and studied at the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts before coming to Australia - and he'd only just passed away earlier that year.
An art-collector friend of mine, well-connected, has looked at the painting since - and told me how much it's worth.
Your Father knows what you like - so if the still small voice of the Holy Spirit comes to you, incline thine ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment