Thursday 4 August 2016

Staying in School?

Your school days prepared you for real life - adult life, for the real experience.
It was never the intention that you should stay in school - the objective of school was that you should graduate.
The objective of your school Program, Lessons, Assignments and Rules was not that you should become expert at repeating precisely the same Exercises for the rest of your life.
Once you graduated, your routine changed.
Now you live the adult life you were always intended to live!
In real situations, you encounter the same principles which had been modelled for you in the class room;
The character-traits you learned at school also still stand you in good stead;
But you don't live by the same calendar, routine, rules, exercises, lessons, and assignment schedule any more.
You're in real life now. And it's great!
In my case, I couldn't go back to my school even if I wanted to: my old school doesn't even exist any more as a school-site. I feel a bit nostalgic about this, but I have to admit: my old school-buildings were bulldozed decades ago.

GALATIANS 5:23-25
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment